Monaghan County Council is working in partnership with Louth County Council and in association with Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) to develop a scheme to upgrade a 32km section of the N2/A5 Dublin-Derry Road. The proposed project is in Counties Monaghan and Louth, between Ardee and Castleblayney. This project is called the N2 Ardee to Castleblayney Road Scheme. Public Consultation is now underway on the Route Corridor Options for the N2 Ardee to Castleblayney Road Scheme.
6 Route Options are currently under consideration for the scheme.
Public Consultation events took place on the 5th, 6th and 7th November2019. Approximately 450 people attended over the 3 public consultation event dates. Public consultation is ongoing, and we would like to remind Councillors and the wider public of the resources available for anyone affected by the scheme, people who would like to find out more information or would like to make a submission.
Please note the public consultation period has been extended by 2 weeks due to feedback received through the public consultation process.
- Project information, latest news and responses to Frequently Asked Questions are available from the project website www.N2MonaghanLouth.ie. All public consultation documents, including the brochure, feedback form, mapping and aerial photography mapping, are available to download under the ‘Publications’ tab for each scheme.
- A project phoneline has been established to ensure members of the public can contact the project team directly; 087 340 3786. The project phoneline is generally manned during normal office hours Monday – Thursday and on Fridays until lunchtime, however it is not always possible for the project team to answer calls immediately. We encourage people to leave a name and contact number and the project team will return the call at the next available opportunity.
- The project team is available to meet with anyone who missed the public consultation events, have questions about the design process or would like to find out more about the projects. Appointments can be made with the project team in the N2 Project Office in the MTEK 1 building, Monaghan Town by calling 087 340 3786. All information and resources which were on display at the public consultation events will be available at meetings held in the N2 Project Office. To avoid disappointment people are asked not to call to the project office without an appointment, as the project team may have other meetings or appointments scheduled and may not be available to discuss the project at that time.
- Queries can also be submitted by email to ArdeeCastleblayney@N2MonaghanLouth.ie
- The closing dates for submissions to the ‘Route Corridor Options’ public consultation has been extended by 2 weeks. Submissions can be made in hardcopy to the FREEPOST address or electronically to the project email address. Feedback forms have been provided with the project brochures and are available to download online.
N2 Ardee to Castleblayney Road Scheme
Latest date for submissions: Thursday 19th December 2019
POST: FREEPOST N2 Ardee to Castleblayney Scheme, Monaghan County Council, County Offices, The Glen, Monaghan, H18 YT50.
- Please note that Irish language versions of the ‘Route Corridor Options’ public consultation information is also available through the project website.
A large printed version of the Route Corridors Options maps can be made available to Councillors/Oireachtas member upon request, should you require same.
If you have any queries about the project or the ongoing public consultation process, please make use of the resources available and contact the Project Team on 087 340 3786.