There has been great interest in the new Evening Services announced by Minister Ross provided through the Local Link Transport Co-Ordination Units (TCU) funded through National Transport Authority. Flexibus is that TCU that covers the Louth, Meath and Fingal.
We would like to give you an update on our progress on services to date.
- Ballivor to Kilcock, stopping in Kildalkey, Rathmoylan, Summerhill and Kilcock – This is an evening service, an extension to the current PSO.
- Stamullen to Balbriggan, stopping in Gormanston, Millfield and Balbriggan – This is an evening service, an extension to the current PSO.
Both of these successful services are extensions to existing services, completed by private operators who competently deliver these services to the local communities. These evening services will enable locals to attend local community activities, local cinema and other evening activities, meet up with friends and socialise.
Like the other Local Link services, there will be a nominal charge on the service, and free travel pass holders will continue to travel for free. these services will be rolled out as a pilot for 6 months. Successful services may be extended. Like all services that we put forward and roll out, the services need to be supported by communities. If you don’t use it, you will lose it.
- Ashbourne to Balbriggan – This is an evening service, an extension to the current PSO.
- Naul to Swords – This is an evening service and extension to a Direct Award Service
These applications were applied for in the past two weeks. We are awaiting their outcome.
Putting forward for proposal:
- Drumconrath ,Lobinstown to Ardee – This will be a daily service
- Ardcath to Drogheda vis Duleek – This will be a daily service
- Athboy to Navan – This is an evening service and extension to a Direct Award Service
- Knocksedan to Swords – we were looking for an evening service extension to PSO and extension to service area.
As you can appreciate, not all areas are covered through the new evening services. If you know of any areas within your constituency that need and would use this service, please get in contact with us and we will work with you to enhance the local link services in your area.